Preparing for Your MRI Experience
- Your MRI experience will be as comfortable as possible. The room is cool, so bring socks to keep your feet warm. We will provide blankets for you.
- Remove ALL of your jewelry at home. No cologne / perfume. Deodorant is OK.
- Wear simple clothes (with NO metal – zippers/buttons) that are easy to move/remove.
- The Unique Tilting MRI table will slowly tilt you from lying down to sitting or standing (in the position that reproduces your pain).
- The MRI has open sides and you will hear tapping sound during scanning.
- The goal is to capture MRI pictures in the position of where you’re feeling pain in order for your doctor to determine the extent of your injuries.
*If you cannot make your appointment, please call 210-272-0053 to reschedule 24 hours prior to your appointment.
If you hurt when your upright...It’s your MRI, don’t take it lying down!®